.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Julias Blog: The OC

Friday, November 04, 2005

They're Baaack



So the little hiatus that Fox shows took due to Baseball Playoffs did some characters quite well. Kirsten learned to cook!

Ever since Natalia’s comment on Mischa Barton’s salary issues I have read a few different places that the cast is not as close to her as they used to be. Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson are still dating, and Benjamin McKenzie is friends with them off camera as well. Benjamin and Mischa dated at one point and now that may be one of the reasons they don’t hang out together off camera…but why does that have to cross over to the TV show?

I know going to a different school means she needs new friends and everything, but Marissa just doesn’t hang out with “the old gang” as much…is that because there is weird tension? I’ll be the first to admit it. I am a big OC Fan, but they are not all great actors and actresses. The last few episodes, you can barely tell Marissa and Ryan are dating because they don’t show much emotion.

Anyways, Ryan decided to drop out of school since everyone else in his family did, so he figures there is no point in trying to graduate. He told Marissa his decision, and her new friend Johnny was right there for her to talk to about it all. Johnny wants Marissa or something because he found Ryan at their usual hangout AKA the diner, and supported his decision to drop out of school. He even offered him a great-paying job on his uncle’s fishing boat that would take him out of Newport for weeks at a time. Was he really trying to help Ryan, or is this a deviant plan to get Marissa? I know he has a girlfriend, but come on, it’s The OC, and that means lots of drama.

Ryan needs to get a parental signature to allow him to work fulltime as a minor and Sandy signs the necessary forms. Kirsten did not agree with this and they both hoped Ryan would change his mind on his own.

Seth and Summer decided to take matters into their own hands. After Dean Hess made some remarks about Ryan not getting into any good colleges because of his “pathologically violent behavior” Summer decided getting Taylor in trouble was the only solution.

After stalking her in the student lounge and in the halls at school for a while, she told Taylor that she caught the dean with a gym teacher. She made it sound like he could be in serious trouble if she filed a sexual harassment lawsuit.

The College Fair consisted of Summer witnessing Taylor yelling at Dean Hess, Seth still not believing anything was going on between those two, and Sandy and Kirsten taking Ryan to a few tables to learn about colleges.

Kirsten tries to get Julie to look at a condo at Newport Point and convinces her that they are not for retired people, but for single, divorced executive types. Charlotte comes to Kirsten’s house and meets Julie briefly. She eyes the condo brochure and everyone knows she’s conjuring up a plan.

The following day both Julie and Charlotte go look at the condo separately and are surprised to bump into each other. Well, Julie was surprised, but the evil Charlotte planned it that way. An even bigger surprise was when Charlotte purchased the four bedroom beachfront property and put it in Julie’s name. She told Julie that she understood what its like to go through hard times and all she wanted in return was to use a spare room whenever she is in town, which shouldn’t be more than a few weeks a year.

Seth and Summer lure Taylor to the Mermaid Hotel and tell her that they will go public with her dean romance if she does not agree to help get Ryan reinstated at Harbor. “Taylor Trash” as Summer called her, did not want to have her reputation ruined, so she went along with them. Sandy went in to the Dean’s office and bluffed about having pictures of the affair. That was enough to make the dean cave in. He agreed to let Ryan come back to Harbor School.

Marissa went to the fishing boat minutes before Ryan was about to leave, and told him that she thought he was a coward for leaving. She compared him to her father, who also left on a boat and how leaving town never helped his problems.

As usual, Marissa is at the diner when Summer and Seth join her. None other than the cowardly fisherman, Ryan Atwood walks through the door and the four are together again.

With Ryan back at Harbor, things will hopefully start being more like they used to be…if only Marissa doesn’t get all shady and start spending more time with Johnny like the previews suggested.

The previews also showed Julie and Charlotte asking Kirsten to help them throw some charity benefit. Does Julie know Charlotte’s evil money hungry plans or is she just being used as well?

6 Comments:

  • So we knew our Ryan couldn't leave the O.C., but it was becoming a close call at the end. I started thinking, okay, if he goes away for a couple of weeks, I guess the show could go on. I'm so happy that Summer and Seth schemed together to catch Taylor and Dean Hess. How great was it to see Sandy in all his glory force the Dean to let Ryan back into school. This new guy though with Marissa- what is his deal? If anything happens between the two of them, not only will Ryan, Seth and Summer be pissed, but she will once again have no friends at her new school since he's dating the only girl she knows there. I'd say it's a bad move. So Julie and Charlette are going to be working together too now. They're both a little to twisted. With all the drama, I'm sooo happy the show is back on!

    By Blogger Tara Raphael, at November 06, 2005 2:40 PM  

  • I first want to say that I am so happy that the OC has finally returned. I was dying without being able to watch it for a month. Now aside my obsession for the show, I can not believe what went on this new episode.

    I first want to say that I am so happy Seth and Summer helped Ryan get back into school. The OC would not be the same without Ryan, so I knew that something had to happen and that he was not going to go away. In addition, I am happy that Marissa went after him because if she didn’t, than Ryan may have been gone forever.

    Furthermore, it was the best when Sandy went to meet Dean Hess in his office and told him everything he knew about the Dean and Taylor. That was great but I wished that they would tell the school board and have Dean Hess fired. However, if that happened, then Ryan would not be allowed back into school and still have a bad record going into college. So I guess Sandy did the right thing to get what he wanted for Ryan.

    Another point I want to comment on is about what is going on with Charlotte and Julie. I do not understand what Charlotte is trying to do but I am glad she is now picking on Julie and not Kirsten. I wish that Charlotte would leave the show because all she does is bring bad news to the show. She is going to cause a lot of problems but I am not sure what they will be yet. Will Charlotte and Julie now team up of Kirsten? Who knows? I guess we will have to wait and see. I can not wait to see what is going to happen next.

    By Blogger Danielle, at November 06, 2005 3:37 PM  

  • Finally the OC is back and it's better than ever. Of course I knew that Ryan wouldn't be leaving the OC. He loves Marissa too much and Seth would go crazy without him around. I'm a little surprised that Dean Hess and Taylor were busted so soon. I thought the writers of the show would definitely try to prolong that story line a little more. However, I do not think that we have seen the end of the Dean. I'm sure he'll think of another way to make Ryan's life a living hell.
    Also, I really hate Charlotte. I was actually starting to feel bad for Julie but I know that she will do anything for money, even if that means teaming up with the evil Charlotte and stealing money from her friend Kirsten. Let's just say I can't wait for this week's episode!

    By Blogger Amy, at November 07, 2005 3:43 PM  

  • I was super excited when the OC finally came back but I have hardly had any time to watch the episodes I have been taping every week. For starters, I am glad I am not the only one noticing the lack of spark between Marissa and Ryan lately and it’s really starting to bother me. No one expects teen drama soap stars to be Julliard trained but they are usually extremely good at being melodramatic. Lately I even feel like Summer is starting to loose that – but maybe it’s because I think she went from being the “bitch you love to hate” to the super nice girl there for anyone. Whatever, at least it’s back and Ryan’s back in school and not running away.

    By Blogger Shayna, at November 22, 2005 12:08 AM  

  • Everyone knew what a big mistake Ryan was making by quitting his high school tutoring and trying to become a fisherman but I was really shocked when Sandy actually signed the permission forms. I knew that when Marissa went to see him as his boat was taking off that she would convince him to stay and to not always be a quitter. It didn't happen. I was a little shocked to find out that it was true that Taylor was having an affair with the Dean, especially because a very similar thing happened at my high school! Even though it was wrong, I was really proud of Sandy when he blackmailed the Dean into leaving the school and letting Ryan come back. I thought for sure that they would get Marissa back in too but I guess she just had too many people that wanted her out.

    By Blogger Jennifer, at November 22, 2005 8:40 PM  

  • I also have read that the cast is not as close as they used to be. I remember when Adam and Rachael were dating as were Mischa and Benjamin and I thought it was so cute! It is so good to hear that Adam and Rachael are still together. They has such charisma on screen you can tell there is a little something extra. When I read about Ben and Mischa’s breakup, they said that it was due to her attitude change and the fact that she felt she was a better actor than he was. Once again I have to remind you that you have to take this information very lightly because everyone knows how magazines and tabloids like to create controversy.

    I think the reason you can barely tell Marissa and Ryan have a relationship going on is because the directors and writers are trying to portray her struggle between the two schools. Johnny is definitely hot for Marissa. I picked this up her first day of school. Ryan’s dropping out of school was just an added twist, I didn’t believe for one minute that he wouldn’t go back. Most importantly, I have had it with both Taylor and Charlotte. They are both so evil and are willing to anyone who stands in the way of what they want. I really hope they both get what is coming to them.

    By Blogger Natalia B, at November 23, 2005 2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Hit Counter
GoDaddy Domain Names