.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Julias Blog: The OC

Sunday, October 30, 2005

What's Next for The OC?

The OC took a break for the entire month of October, which was totally unnecessary since the Yankees unfortunately did not make it to the World Series. What will happen this week when they cast is back in action???


Adam Brody (Seth Cohen) and Rachel Bilson (Summer Roberts) are dating both onscreen and off-screen. On The OC, their major challenge will most likely be staying in school since Dean Hess is trying so hard to get them kicked out along with their friends, Marissa and Ryan. Dean Hess will probably ease off Seth and Summer now that he has his own butt to save. At “The End of Summer” dance we found out he is having “relations” with Taylor Townsend, the snooty Social Chair.

Marissa’s drama will probably be equally split between her shattered home life and her new school, new friends, and new enemies. Her mom, Julie, is now broke and living in a crappy motel, and for the first time in the TV show, people (including myself) actually feel bad for the woman. As for Marissa, her new group of friends has many parallels to the old crowd (Seth, Summer and Ryan.) Does this mean she doesn’t have room for both groups? I hope she doesn’t screw things up with Ryan, but who knows what will happen with them. I must say though, her new friend Chili is hilarious, and I wish I had a Chili to make stupid comments at all the right moments when I need a good laugh.

Maybe Sandy and Kirsten will have some drama this week...things have been normal for them for at least two episodes now, so they are probably due for something to go wrong. What about college? Shouldn't all these kids start looking at schools...or are they all going to go the Orange County Community College together and keep the show going?

I have a feeling the end of Charlotte is nowhere in sight. She may leave Kirsten alone, but I don’t think she will leave Newport along quite yet.

Finally, the long wait is almost over! The OC will be back this Thursday and my summary will be up Friday or Saturday.

5 Comments:

  • I was so upset to hear that the OC was not on for the whole month of October. They should have picked another channel for the baseball playoffs to be on, but oh well. I am so excited to see what is going to happen next.

    To begin my comments, I want to first say that I love Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson together. I think it is so cute when couples have an on and off screen relationship. They seem to be so happy and cute on the show together, until Dean Hess stepped in the way. I hope they do not get kicked out of school. That would really suck for them, and they both have been trying to help out the school in many ways. Summer has been helping with the fair and many other events. However, I think it is great that Summer caught the Dean and Taylor kissing because now Summer and Seth most likely will not get kicked out of school, and if they do then they will tell on the Dean making out with a student.

    I also hope that Marissa does not mess up her relationship with Ryan. He has been so good to her recently and she has been ignoring him. I hope she does not get into the wrong crowd at her new school and forget her old friends, who really care about her.

    In addition, I hope that Sandy and Kirsten will be okay and be happy together again, without Charlotte interrupting.

    With all this said, I am so excited to see what is going to happen next.

    By Blogger Danielle, at October 30, 2005 4:11 PM  

  • I was also pretty bummed that the OC was not going to be on for the month of October. Almost all of my daily shows took a break this past month but luckily they are starting to come back and I am so excited. The OC looks like it is going to be intense and full of drama. Adam and Rachael make a cute couple on and off the screen. I read an interview with Rachael last year and she was saying that she refuses to share any on-screen kisses with a guy other than Seth. It seems like the two have a pretty serious relationship.
    Also, I hope that Marissa and Ryan can make things work this time. It looks like Marissa ends up cheating on Ryan in the previews. Maybe those two just should not be together. I also hope that Dean Hess gets busted for having a relationship with the annoying and snobby Taylor Townsend. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens!

    By Blogger Amy, at October 31, 2005 5:15 PM  

  • I'm sooo happy that the O.C. is going to be coming back this week- it's about time! The baseball playoffs can wait-- sorry to all you fans!
    First, love Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson together- on and off screen they're so adorable. I can't wait to see what kind of trouble they stir up now that they have the scoop on Dean Hess and Taylor. I hope Marissa and Ryan work things out even though she's going to public school and he's being home schooled. She definitely can have new friends while also keeping Ryan in her life. Charlotte has been a crazy addition to the cast and I wonder what she's going to be up to. Maybe she'll join with Julie on some sneaky plan!

    By Blogger Tara Raphael, at October 31, 2005 6:25 PM  

  • I was really surprised to read on your blog that Adam Brody and Rachel Bilson are in a relationship offscreen, too, I had no idea. I think they do make a cute couple in both. So did they only meet while filming the show? I guess since they worked so closely together, it was just a natural progression.
    I think Taylor Townsend is definitely going to bring a lot of trouble to the O.C., especially since she has teamed up with the Dean.
    Which one is Chili, is that the new boy that Marissa has been hanging out with at public school?

    By Blogger Jennifer, at November 22, 2005 8:34 PM  

  • As you know from all of my posts I was pretty annoyed that the OC wasn't on (especially because the Phillies didn't go far). It was getting so ridiculous because it was as if they teased us with a couple episodes and then left us hanging.

    My favorite part was when Summer caught Dean Hess and Taylor. I think she should have gone to the police or a higher authority because I would like to see both of them humiliated. You would think that this is an advantage, but both the Dean and Taylor are very devious and I can't see either of them putting up with black mail.

    I think Marissa will mess up her relationship with Ryan. She always messes things up when they are back together and she always gets caught up in some kind of dilemma. As for Kirsten and Sandy, I definitely think that they will make it. They have already been through so much and are still happy.

    By Blogger Natalia B, at November 23, 2005 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Hit Counter
GoDaddy Domain Names