.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Julias Blog: The OC

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Mischa, Mischa, Mischa!


In response to Natalia’s question about Mischa Barton (Marissa Cooper) leaving The OC, I don’t know! I have tried to find information confirming or denying it, but mostly I can only find other Blogs and gossip-type websites, so the credibility is minimal.

A few of the articles I found were from late November of last year. Apparently, this is not the first time rumors have started about the loss of a major character on this show. Last year’s articles all claim that she considered leaving The OC to pursue a career in film, but 11 months later, she is still around, so those stories were obviously not true.

The more recent reports from this month surrounding Mischa Barton are in regards to a salary boost. All of a sudden, she decided she was the biggest star on the show and deserved more money. Much like “Friends” I don’t think anyone can claim they are the biggest star of The OC. The dynamic cast would be weaker without any one of the members, so they all play and equally important role in making The OC successful. On “Friends”, the actors agreed to all get paid the same amount and get raises at the same time, so no matter whom your favorite Friend may be, they all made $1 Million per person, per episode by the end of their decade-long run.


Gossip columns have been busy writing about Mischa’s personal life as a major cause for her recent salary demands. Her last boyfriend, Brandon Davis was a very wealthy heir to an oil fortune. He would spend a lot of money on her, and she never had to pay for anything. Now she is dating Cisco Adler, who is apparently a broke musician. Some tabloids blame this relationship for the problems on The OC regarding money. Mischa ends up footing the bill rather often for her and her man, so maybe she needs the raise to support this guy?


Personally, I think she can do better than some grungy, poor dude that looks like Kevin Federline…but who am I to judge.

6 Comments:

  • I had no idea about Mischa being demanding, or that people were saying that about her. Brandon Davis was definitely paying for everything in their relationship, but I don't know if because of that she would really be making demands that she should be payed more than the other actors on the show. The actors seem to be really close, even outside of the show, so I wonder if she would really be the type to want more than them. Mischa and Rachel Bilson are always photographed together and ofcourse Adam Brody and Bilson are close. I hope she doesn't get greedy and it affects her being on the show!

    By Blogger Tara Raphael, at October 30, 2005 1:53 PM  

  • I had no idea that Mischa Barton was going to leave the OC. I normally hear of many rumors but I must have missed this one. She can not leave the show, or it would ruin the whole storyline, but I guess that she is not leaving the show after all because these rumors happened 11 months ago.

    In addition, I think that on the show "Friends", all of the friends should have gotten paid the same amount because they all had equal parts that were played. However, in the OC, I feel that some characters should get paid more than others but not by much. I feel that in the OC, each episode focuses on all of the stars, some more so than others. However, they all seem to get a fair shot at the spotlight.

    One last thing I want to comment on is who Mischa Barton is dating now. I liked her with Brandon Davis, but that relationship has been over. I did not hear or see of this new man, Cisco Adler, until now. I think he is not cute at all and Mischa can do so much better.

    By Blogger Danielle, at October 30, 2005 3:50 PM  

  • I had no idea that there has been rumors that Mischa is planning on leaving the OC. I am usually up to date with my star facts but it's been a long time since I've had the chance to read Star or People magazine. However, I did hear a long time ago that Mischa has been causing problems on the OC set. Apparently the whole gang used to be really good friends but then the media started focusing on Mischa more and her co-stars became jealous I guess. She also got wrapped up with her super rich boyfriend who I didn't think was that cute, but her current boyfriend is definitely even worse. I think she is gorgeous so it's suprising to see her with this new guy who looks like he needs a haircut and a shower.

    By Blogger Amy, at October 31, 2005 5:04 PM  

  • Thank you for responding to my previous comment. When I origionally read the article I was a little curious as to whether it was true or not. I am not quite sure where I read this bit of information, so it could have been in some cheesy tabloid while waiting in a doctor's office or something.

    I don't think that she should get paid anymore than the other characters in the show. Not only did this type of thing happen with the cast of Friends, but also with the cast of Seinfield. Personally, Seth is my favorite character and I don't think Mischa adds anything more to the show than Adam Brody does. If the speculation about her wanting a raise is due to the transition from a rich boyfriend to a struggling musician than she is just rediculous. If I was making as much money as she does from the show and the advertisement campaigns she does, I would be footing the bill for my entire family and all of my friends without complaining. Her new boyfriend looks like Kevin Federline in that picture, thats hilarious. What a dork.

    By Blogger Natalia B, at November 10, 2005 11:20 PM  

  • Ha-ha, glad there is so much drama surrounding Mischa Barton. In addition to educating me about her seeming diva ways you are also giving me a place to share some dish on her myself. Lately I feel like everything I hear about her is full of drama and she sounds like she has a superiority complex. Seriously, I read something a few weeks ago about how she’s coming out with an autobiography at the age of 19. Obviously people are going to respond that she’s too young for that. Well apparently she fired back that she has 10 years of experience in the movie industry and has a story that’s extremely important to tell. Her big selling point in the article I read? That she stared opposite Julia Roberts at age 12. I mean, I am a HUGE fan of Julia Roberts but if that’s the biggest part of your autobiography I think you have a while to go before it’s ready for the public!!

    By Blogger Shayna, at November 22, 2005 12:00 AM  

  • I think it is a great idea for all of the cast members to get paid the same salary like they did on Friends. Mischa is definitely a big part of the O.C. cast but without any one of the members, the show just wouldn't be the same. I doubt that Mischa will be leaving the show anytime soon anyway because it is what made her who she is. I wouldn't put it past her though because she seems like she is constantly looking for other ventures to get into- like her Neutrogena commercials. It is a very interestiny point you bring up about Mischa's boyfriend being like Kevin Federline. I think it's awful because you can never quite know if he's in the relationship for the status or true love.

    By Blogger Jennifer, at November 22, 2005 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Hit Counter
GoDaddy Domain Names